Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Staff Pick of the Week


LeAna's Pick

John Dies at the End by David Wong

Do you love a great horror-comedy, especially one with a little off-color humor? If so, this book might be perfect for you. There are a lot of authors who seem to struggle when trying to create a really good cross-genre story, especially one that crosses anything with horror. With this reissue of an internet phenomenon originally published in 2007, David Wong (Cracked.com editor Jason Pargin’s alter ego) has left me wishing there were more authors who could master it like he has. A unique brand of supernatural craziness from an imagination that must truly be cracked left me constantly checking over my shoulder for evil things one minute and laughing out loud the next. When the book opened with Wong and his BFF John fighting a meat-ghost-monster with 80’s glam rock, I knew it was going to be special. I was not disappointed. This book is as hilarious as it is scary, and it still has me checking over my shoulder months later.

1 comment:

  1. You can never go wrong with a little glam rock! This is definitely next on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete