Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Grant writing workshop at West Virginia State University
Professional Grant Development Workshop
Master the techniques of writing superior and winning proposals
January 31 – February 2, 2012
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To be held at: West Virginia State University,
Charleston, West Virginia
Sponsored by: The Grant Training Center
This intensive three-day grant proposal workshop is geared for: 1) those who wish to strengthen their grant writing skills and 2) beginners who wish to acquire and master the techniques of preparing, writing and winning proposals from various funding agencies. The center of attention will be on how to effectively write proposals in times of keen competition and limited resources. Much has happened in new regulations and in approaches to grant writing, be it for the researcher in the sciences and social sciences, education and non-profit professionals.
Participants Will Learn How to:
· Navigate the world of grant procurement
· Research and identify potential funding sources
· Address the guidelines of federal and foundation applications
· Focus foundation and corporate giving for the State of Pennsylvania
· Understand the new federal guidelines for writing winning grants
· Know the review process and how to address key points for reviewers
· Write winning grants that stand out against scores of competing submissions
· Develop focused and realistic budgets
· Demonstrate that one’s proposal merits excellence and innovation
· Package professional grant submissions
Our ultimate goal is for each participant to walk away with a product specific to their interests that includes the grant design, abstract and budget.
Thus, the opportunity to influence the future of your work and ideas is within your reach. Understanding this reality, institutions are willing to minimally invest in the training of their staff to make this happen.
*Space is limited, and since this class fills-up quickly, it is on a first-come, first-serve basis.*
Workshop Fee: $595.00 (including tuition, materials, certificate of completion, and continental breakfast)
Rebate of $50.00 per person is given for two or more registrants from the same organization
Please visit our website,
Or call us toll free at (866)-704-7268 or (571) 257-8864